Saturday, December 22, 2012

Jingle bells...jingle bells...

There is nothing like South Asian gold trim. Unless you are in Las Vegas where there'd be a tie in the glitzy shiny sparkly flashy attention-grabbing category. One of the things I collect at the local second-hand department store, are bags of South Asian gold trim. I keep thinking that one day I'll do something with it.
I've been making paper bells and actually, they are a bust. One of them is salvageable and will be given to my neighbour. She will love it. The others are experiments. I know that I want to use the paper sewn together as a fabric of sorts and I am very excited to do many more experiments to see what I come up with. A few days before Christmas is not the time to do this. So I have to force myself to put away my toys and get on with the gift wrapping, baking, and last minute shopping.
May the bells ring out in your homes. Nice to see you today, and I hope to see you again soon! *smiles* Norma

9 comments:

  1. My toys are still out and in between jobs I have been playing but it's time to start packing them away.......

    Your bells look wonderfully festive and I can imagine how lovely and 'tinkly' they would sound......

    Enjoy the festivities with family and friends.....

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodness, i do think i understand your addiction! they look gorgeous!!!!
    ps - will you please forgive me for the fact i have temporarily waylaid your rolodex blanks? arggrggh. and i intended to start on them too. i've decided not to get uptight and they'll jump right back in my lap, one way or another. i mean, just saying, norma...
    x
    n♥
    happy, happy new year!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very beautiful! Have a jingeling Holiday Season! x Leena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Norma! They are beautiful, I love them!!!!
    I wish you a really nice christmas time and thank you so much for your nice comments on my blog! It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look pretty cool to me! Hopefully you didn't sew them by hand. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. THese look GREAT Norma! Like you said the trim sets them off, but I also love how you have used the text paper. Merry Christmas, and thanks again for my beautiful little cup! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Norma south asian gold trim never looked so good......have a wonderful christmas look forward to sharing blogs with you in the new year

    keep safe and best wishes

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad I now know who made my lovely bird tag! Will definitely write your name on it! Thank you again! Super cute bells by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...