Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tiny Bird Book on my workdesk...

On my front lawn (was on my workdesk!) lays a tiny bird book in the process of being made. It's about half complete and so for photographic purposes I inserted the covers for the original prototype that I started making last Christmas. I've only just now got around to it again. Here is a close up of the cover which was 'winter' themed. My new cover will be fall themed I bet.


I joined up to play in a paper swap and it's my first so I'm not completely certain about what I should be making but this will be my contribution as it is made of paper. Here is a photo of the pages loosely stacked along with the front cover of my prototype. I'll do a new watercolor painting for the swap.


Two pages from the actual book I am making.


Two more pages below.


First page with front cover. Notice the tea bag paper being used! I adore tea bag paper.


Front and back cover. The back cover features a cut paper scherenschnitte composition. I may use this actual piece or do a new one.


Well this gives you an idea of what I am working on today and these days. Much more work to go on this project. It'll need a Tim Holtz procedure for sure!

Well thanks for dropping by! *smiles* Norma

To see more fabby artwork and what people are up to go here.

8 comments:

  1. The birds made of printed paper are lovely, works really well. Look forward to seeing the finished project!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty ...such a lot of work ...I look forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much for the lovely comments everyone! I am looking forward to working some more on it today! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your little paper birds and your painting id very dainty
    thanks for sharing
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet is this wonderful tweet book! I can't believe how small you can work some times. I really admire your creative urge and how you pursue them so completely. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! Love your work. Sorry I am so Late visiting this week, Happy (late) WOYWW, Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog via your comment left on Cathy Cullis' blog and find your work charming, full of joy and the tender touch.
    Now I'm your 60th follower!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...