Monday, August 8, 2011

Grace Under Fire


Found words on her removeable wings read:
"she still wore her black hair in an old-fashioned bun at the nape of her neck.
Because she had been complaining, between tight-pressed lips to express her feelings.
People would shout and wave right in front of the old lady.
and because she was certain
All will be lost but for the dignity of the black intensity,
she sat transfixed for the first time.


Well I am coming closer to what I wanted to do with this artdoll prim. She has all limbs and a decent dress (needs tweaking at the neck) and her hair is way scaled back but I think still too bold. I am going to try a more subtle color, or if I use this wild red then the hair 'do' needs to be more controlled I think. I am very pleased with her face. It hasn't had the 'encaustic' treatment yet and while I was working with it I managed to tear the left (her right) eye in two. Such is the fate of artdolls I guess. She stands a grasshopper head above six inches. Her dress is seersucker in a pastel polka dot. Her wings are tulle with sequin trim and with found words applied to used tea bag paper and then attached to the tulle.

Well I'll call it a day as it did take me all day to make her. Every stitch was done by hand with a needle and thread and I love not having to worry about sewing machine tension or threading the bobbin, etc.
Nice to visit with you, and we'll talk soon! *smiles* Norma


2 comments:

  1. Your prim doll is beautiful! Are you submitting it to Prims...you should.

    xo,

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abby! I am just working out the actual construction methods and doing the fine tuning like figuring out clothing and hair especially. I am getting closer to my vision and am feeling good about that. Thank you so very much for your compliment and vote of confidence. I actually was thinking today that if I manage to get the doll I want then I should maybe submit it to one of those magazines. So now I will give that serious thought! You really made my day Abby! *smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...